It all started out as a mild curiosity in the junkyard, and now it’s turned out to be quite a great spirit of adventure. -The Doctor
Welcome to The Edwardian Adventurer.
The purpose of this blog has been two-fold.
- Doctor Who - I have long wanted to journey through the entire catalogue of televised Doctor Who adventures. I have been at this task for over a year and a half. There have been setbacks along the way. I have returned to school to pursue a degree in technical communication. I am also at the mercy of 2Entertain’s release schedule. However, I am determined to see this project through.
- Adventure – Doctor Who is part of a tradition. As the First Doctor said, it is a great spirit of adventure. Doctor Who is part of the same spirit that gave the world Sherlock Holmes, The Scarlet Pimpernel, Allan Quartermain, Batman, The Shadow, and so on. The Doctor is driven by adventure and curiosity. And so, that spirit of adventure is welcome here.
- Doctor Who and The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Farewell Great Macedon
- My review of John Wyndham’s novel Day of the Triffids
- I have recently become a fan of Once Upon a Time.
I hope you enjoy the blog. Take a look around (please excuse the early posts as they were a bit rough); make suggestions for other topics. Feel free to leave feedback.